Some useful tips and suggestions when using iNaturalist. Please also take a look at the iNaturalist help page.
- when is the best time to uploads observations?
- it is recommended that you you take all your photos while observing the butterflies and then edit(zoom/crop), identify and sort your photos when you get home. You can then upload your observations to iNaturalist when connected to Wi-Fi so you don’t use up your data plan when out in the field
- can I upload more than one photo?
- Yes! In fact it is best to upload 2 or 3 photos to your observations to help make the identification ‘research grade’
- can I upload an observation without a photograph?
- to be honest? no, not really